Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My make up attempt.

 
How on earth does one go about catching up on a year of neglecting their blog? To be honest, the prospect of doing it is making me want to go another year without blogging. But, as I was bugging one of my friends for going two weeks without giving me a new post to read, she pointed out that I might be a little hypocritical. So I will do my best.
I don't think I can possibly cover everything so I will cover the highlights.
Over the past year, in no particular order:
 
  • We moved into a new home. It is just a rental but we were ready to be in our own space again.
  • Oaklee and I (sometimes with Ryan) have made the trip from Grande Prairie to Utah 6 times.
  • We went on a trip to California with my family.
  • Ryan and I each had a sister leave on a mission.
  • Ryan received a promotion at work.
  • Oaklee has grown in leaps and bounds, learning to walk and talk.
  • And perhaps the biggest one, we learned that we will be adding another little girl to our family this November.
 

 
 
We are so excited about this new addition to our family. I am due November 27 which makes me just under 35 weeks right now. This pregnancy has been a little more difficult than Oaklee's was so I'm happy to be nearing the end. My doctor is watching me closely now, because this is almost exactly when Oaklee was born. We still aren't sure why she decided to make her early entrance, but we are hoping this baby comes out breathing on her own, whenever she decides to come. The thought of doing another month with a baby in the NICU makes me panic slightly, so hopefully this kid cooks all the way. Cross your fingers.
 
This last year has also been filled with growing experiences for me. The task of sharing all of those experiences isn't one I'm up for undertaking. But because I'm apparently making lists today, I'll make another of some of the lessons I've learned, again, in no particular order:
  • How to be a single mom 3 weeks out of the month.
  • How to be apart from family, including Ryan, on holidays. Side note: I'm not claiming that I do this gracefully, just that I am capable of it.
  • The HUGE blessings that can come from having good friends.
  • The humility that can come only at the hands of a two year old.
  • And maybe most importantly, the gas stations with the cleanest bathrooms from Grande Prairie to Kaysville.
I'm certain there are more I'm forgetting, and there are quite a few lessons I have learned before but been reminded of this year. I'm not always eloquent when it comes to expressing my feelings but I do want to say that this has been a year of personal and spiritual growth for me. There is a lot about my current situation in life that I never planned on, some positive and some negative. I'm still quite a work in progress, but I have seen the benefits that come from these unexpected events. The opportunity to grow and learn has been ever present in my life. I'm not always willing to take those opportunities, but I'm working on it.
 
On a MUCH lighter note, a side effect of Oaklee learning to talk over this last year is her personality bursting out in new and hilarious ways. I have said it before and I will say it again, she is SOOO much like Ryan. She talks constantly and always amazes me with the things she has to say. She has a HUGE imagination and I do my best to keep up.
 
To end this long, random, and somewhat rambling post I will leave with some of my favorite pictures from the last year. Enjoy!
 







 
And lastly, the one and only photo of my pregnant belly you will see. Oaklee also felt the need to show her belly. Who wouldn't want to look at hers right?
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Perfect update for over a years worth of material! I really don't know how you do it, but you never cease to amaze me. Seriously, how are you a single mom 3 weeks out of every month?! HOW?!?! I couldn't do it. I just couldn't. We miss you guys so much but know that you are where you are supposed to be doing what you are supposed to be doing. Even if it isn't the most IDEAL situation for me. :) Can't wait to meeting baby girl (hopefully in at least 4 weeks!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for an update! YAY for a new baby!!!
    I know it's so hard to start blogging (or anything else really) when you haven't done it in a long time. Good for you for jumping in!! I hope you do another post soon with baby updates :)
    Wish we were still neighbors!

    ReplyDelete