Thursday, September 8, 2011

Big Sister/Little Sister

From the day Ryan and I found out we were pregnant we were both SO excited for Bentley to become a big sister. Then when we found out we were having a girl and our excitement grew. Not that Bentley wouldn't have loved a brother, but for those of you who don't know her, Bentley is THE most girly girl ever. Everything is about princesses. So we couldn't wait for her to get to share this with her little sister. When Bentley finally got to meet Oaklee she didn't disappoint in her excitement. She was the cutest big sister ever. Anytime I did anything Bentley was right there, always saying the same thing, "Please I can help?" She helped change diapers, helped rock her to sleep, played with her, helped feed her, and would even pat along with me when it was time to burp. On one night she was so sure she was big enough to babysit that Ryan and I left her with Oaklee in the living room for about 10 minutes while she babysat. I've never seen anyone so proud of herself. The time Bentley was here was amazing, but as always, it reminded us of how much we miss with her, and how much of her sister's life she's going to miss. I'm grateful for the time they got to spend together though, and I know they already share a strong bond. I can't wait for them to get to play again! Here are some pictures:



Bentley's favorite day, we got both the girls princess outfits.


Oaklee only lasted about 10 minutes in her itchy dress but


Bentley spent the entire day as Belle.





This was at aunt Kara's birthday party.


The first time Bentley met her little sister.
I don't know how many times she told me
how cute Oaklee was. At least once every hour
for the entire week she was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment