Thursday, September 8, 2011

Catch up!

I have been a big, huge slacker with the blog for the last month. I was too busy enjoying my weeks home alone with the baby. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end and I am now back in reality, aka: work. I started back yesterday, and leaving Oaklee was horrible. I was hoping today would be easier. No such luck. But we found an amazing lady to watch her while I'm at work, so I am at least comforted in the fact that she is in good hands, even if they aren't my hands. The last two months have been crazy for our family and so much has happened. The three posts after this are to try to get you caught up.



Oaklee is doing so well since she got home from the hospital and growing like a bad weed. The day after she got home from the hospital, at a month old, she was in the 2 % for weight. At her two month check up she had jumped up to the 27 %! She's a giant baby now, weighing in at just under 10 pounds. She's getting much more alert and loves to see what's going on around her. We had one blessed night where she slept through the night, but that has yet to be repeated. She does pretty good though, about every 3 hours. Since I started back at work, daddy takes one of the night feedings, so really I get a pretty good nights rest.



Even though it's only been just over two months it feels like Oaklee has been with us forever. She's our little angel and we can't imagine our family without her. Also, side note: She's freaking cute. Here are some pictures documenting her growth since she's been home:






This is 4 days after she came home to us,

at about 1 month old.

For the first two weeks home she only fit in

premie clothes, which are a lot harder

to find than you would think.





This is at 1 1/2 months. She finally fit

into newborn size clothes!





This is just last week at two months old.

Still in newborn clothes, the 0-3 months

are still pretty big on her. But she's a giant

compared to when she was born!



As you can probably see from this picture, our little Oaklee is not very lady like. Not only does she nap spread eagle, but she can out-fart and out-burp her dad. It's cute now. 15 years from now, it won't be so cute.

1 comment:

  1. Why yes I would like to comment. Oaklee is freaking cute. She is a lucky girl because her mommy & daddy love her so much.

    ReplyDelete