Thursday, September 8, 2011

Blessing Day

Last Sunday our little Oaklee got blessed by her daddy. I'll admit to you I was extremely nervous about this day. I knew Ryan would do a good job, but I also knew how nervous he was about it. Because we still don't want Oaklee around hoards of people, instead of doing it in church we had it at my mom's house. My parents beautiful back yard was the perfect setting. Surrounded by our family Oaklee was given a perfect blessing. Now, I know what you are thinking, I'm bias in thinking it's perfect. And you know what, you are right. But it really was amazing. The spirit was so strong. I am so proud of Ryan and so grateful I have a husband who is worthy to bless our baby. We were lucky to have Ryan's brother Corry, and his wife Steph here, down from Canada. I'm so glad they got to meet Oaklee and that Corry could be part of the blessing. The only thing that could have made the day any better is if Kara, Perry, and Pete could have been there. They were missed! Here are a few pictures from the big day:


This picture cracks me up. Her face is hilarious.

It is misleading though because it is honestly the only time all

day that she cried. She was an angle during the blessing,

didn't make a peep.



The three of us. :)


Beautiful baby of mine! The dress was made
for Oaklee by a lady I work with.


1 comment: