Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Last Days

As my due date draws nearer (and my level of comfort  decreases greatly) I've been thinking a lot about the fact that these are my last weeks and days with it being just me and Oaklee. For two and a half years she's been my little buddy. And with Ryan's job keeping him away from home three weeks out of the month, it really has been just me and Oaklee most of the time. Don't get me wrong, of course I'm extremely excited for this new addition to our family. I know that Oaklee will be such a good little helper and an amazing big sister. But I can't help but be a little sad too. Our whole dynamic is going to change. For the better, I have no doubt, but still a change. So, as a tribute to the last days of me and Oaklee as a duo, I thought I would do a post about some of her antics.
 
She's a crazy kid, that Oaklee. Way too much of her dad in her. Good thing I like her dad. She's always had a big personality but as she's become better and better at speaking I am just blown away by what comes out of her mouth. Some of my current favorites:
 
  • She will randomly stop in the middle of playing, look up at me and say, "What are you doing here?" I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be, but apparently not in the room with her.
  • Every time I go to the bathroom (which these days is constantly) she will follow me and ask, "You go potty?" And after I get out, "You went potty?"
  • Same thing with the shower, at least twice during every shower she will come pull the curtain aside and ask, "You take a shower?"
  • She refers to herself as 'you'. When we are looking at pictures she will name everyone and when she gets to herself say, 'you.' I've started saying, "That's Oaklee," but she's sticking with you.
  • She LOVES to Skype/Facetime. Good thing her grandparents think she's cute too or they would probably stop answering. She constantly asks me to call someone. Mostly I think it's because she likes having an audience and being the good people they are, our family members are willing to sit and watch her do whatever activity she thinks is entertaining at the time.
  • She has a purse that she HAS to take everywhere. If I try to get her to leave the house without it there is a major meltdown. She will lug that thing all over any store we go to. It contains all the essentials; her cell phone, her car keys, and a full set of Disney Princesses.
  • She loves to dance. I get asked multiple times a day to turn on a song for her. Most of her dancing consists of her spinning in a circle, which has on more than one occasion resulted in a bruised head from falling over.
I'm sure there are many more that I can't think of now (pregnancy brain is not joke people). And of course she did pick up a few of her dad's less desirable traits as well. I could do without the night terrors and the short temper. But I'm so grateful this insane little girl is mine and I can't wait to see what excitement she brings to being a big sister. 
 
Here are a few pictures of what we've been up to the last few weeks:

 Oaklee has a new found fascination with pockets. She gets so excited when an outfit has them and will walk around most of the day with her hands in her pockets.


 We had an awesome Halloween. The weather was MUCH nicer than last year and Oaklee got to go to her first trunk or treat. Ryan had to work on Halloween but a few days before we carved pumpkins with him and Uncle Tyson.


As you can see Oaklee was a kitty. Cutest one I've ever seen.



 Modeling her new elephant pajamas. She also has a new fascination with elephants. I'm not sure where it came from but she gets very excited about them.




 Oaklee and Ryan like to watch movies together. For some reason instead of watching shows on our TV they will sit together and watch them on Ryan's phone.


 We got our first real snow of the year, and unlike last year, Oaklee LOVED it. She had so much fun playing in the snow with dad. She was not happy when we made her come inside.



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment