Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bentley's Birthday!!!

June 11 was a big day! Miss Bentley turned FOUR! She's so old. We got to have her for a whole week for her birthday and it could not have been more fun. We basically spent the entire week celebrating. We wanted to make it extra special because it's the last time we'll have her where it will be just the three of us. Unfortunately, because I'm super smart, I somehow managed to lose two-thirds of the pictures we took. I'm really upset about this. Almost all of the birthday party pictures were lost. At the end of the post I'll put up the few pictures that survived on the camera and the few that I got on my phone. I wish I had more!

On Thursday I had to work part of the day so Bentley and Ryan got some daddy - daughter time. Then in the afternoon we picked up my nephews, Parker and Hunter, and headed to Boondocks. I forgot the camera there and only got one picture on my phone, I wish I had gotten more. We went bowling, did the race carts, bumper boats, played all the video games, and spent forever in the jungle gym thing. We had to drag the kids away when it was time for dinner. Then Thursday night Ryan did a camp out with Bentley and the boys in my parents back yard. There is a fire pit that's surrounded by trees so it was just like real camping, except with plumbing 50 yards away. This big, ol' pregnant lady wasn't about to sleep on the ground outside, so Ryan was left to fend for himself with the kids. They all had such a fun time.

Friday Grandma Julie and Bapa took Bentley and the boys to see Kung Fu Panda 2 and then we spent the rest of the night playing at Grandma Dixie's with Pete!

Saturday was the big day! We opened our presents at home and Ryan made me and the birthday girl a big breakfast. Then we headed to her Princess Pool Party! My aunt Cheryl kindly let us use her pool. We had a BBQ, swam, had a princess castle pinata, a Tangled cake, and opened lots of presents! After the party we headed to Grandma Dixie's house where Bentley played with Pete and a bunch of her new presents and then got to have a sleepover!

Sunday was a pretty relaxing day. We had church in the afternoon and I happened to be substituting in the sunbeam class that Bentley would go to, so we had a ton of fun. Then we went up and spent time with both the Grandparents. It's a good thing they live 4 houses apart, it made us seeing everyone a lot easier.

Monday we rented a bounce house which was a HUGE success. Again, hardly any pictures of this survived which I'm way bummed about. Bentley had SOOO much fun playing with her three cousins and a few other kids. After ten hours of play I'd say we got our money's worth. After a big dinner with both sets of grandparents, we headed out to spend her last night at Lagoon. Pete wasn't a huge fan, but Bentley loved it. She had been asking to go every time we drove past to get from our house to the grandparents, so she was thrilled to finally get there. We only got to spend a few hours there so when she's here in August I think I will send her and Ryan there for a whole day.

As you can see it was a busy week! It couldn't have been better (well, minus all the pictures being lost). I can't wait till she comes again in August and gets to meet her little sister! This was the first time I think she really understood it and she would talk to my belly all the time and tell anyone new we met that I had her sister in my tummy. Love that girl so freaking much!

Here are the pictures that made it:


Parker and Bentley at Boondocks.



Bentley showing off one of her new outfits.



The birthday girl! In her new birthday

outfit and her pin that said 'Birthday Princess"




Opening some one of her presents from me and Ryan.








Rockin her new birthday shades.




Her Tangled birthday cake.

We had gone the day before and picked

it out together, she was so excited.



Grandma Dixie and aunt Kara drew

her birthday pictures on the driveway.




Bentley and Pete playing.



Pete in the bounce house.



You can't tell but this is

Bentley in the bounce house.



Pete's first ride at Lagoon. Soon after

he started screaming.



Bentley on the swings.




Some whale ride, I don't know the name,

but she loved it.




Bentley and Daddy on some dragon ride.

This one went really fast and she looked horrified

but she kept telling Ryan it was so fun.


Bentley with Grandma Dixie.




Bentley and Daddy on a ride with water,

they got soaked.


1 comment:

  1. What a fun week!!! I am so so sad we didn't get to see that cute girl while she was here. I am glad you guys got to spend some quality time with her before baby sister gets here. What a cute little family you guys are!

    ReplyDelete