Thursday, June 2, 2011

One Year Later....

Saturday is our first anniversary. This is so crazy to me. I'll be honest, the first few months seemed long, but since then it has flown by. When we got married I certainly didn't think by our first anniversary I'd be this close to poppin out a baby. Shows what I know. I have learned a few things over this past year. For your reading pleasure, a list of 9 things I've learned our first year of marriage:

1. When Ryan mows the lawn, or builds a fence, or does any other form of labor for my parents, we both get thanked. And we both get rewarded with a free meal. It's not a bad gig for me.


2. Work boots should be given their own closet, so the horrific smell of them doesn't start to get on all of your cute heels.

3. Even though Ryan claims to be a better driver, he actually racked up more car repair bills than I did.


4. Ryan has the mistaken idea that when I tell him I'm going to the bathroom it is so he will ask me what number.

5. Having your step daughter tell you out of nowhere in the middle of the Pirates of Caribbean ride that she loves you, is one really good feeling.

6. Learning to do your step daughters freakishly thick head of hair after 24 years of doing your own freakishly thin year, is not easy.


7. It doesn't matter how often you bug them, the case workers will take their sweet time deciding if your husband should become a citizen or not. Maybe by our 2nd anniversary we'll have an answer.

8. Christmas is WAY more fun when you have your own kid to do it for.


9. Lastly, I've learned that my husband is a keeper. I'm a lucky girl. He surprises me all the time with new ways he finds to treat me like a princess. I wouldn't trade him for the world.

As you can see a year of marriage has brought so much wisdom.......or something. But honestly it's been great! Gets better all the time, and I can't wait to see what the next year will be like with another baby.

The other exciting news in our life right now is that we get Bentley next week for her birthday!!! We haven't seen that crazy little girl since March so we can't WAIT! Here are some pictures from when we last saw her.


Bentley all ready for the beach, doing her diva pose.




This was at Sea World seeing the 4D movie.

Bentley is being crazy as usual, she gets that from her dad.



The three of us at Sea World.



I may be bias, but she just has the cutest little smile ever.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Looks like you are a natural at this blogging stuff! Love your cute family! We would love to see Bentley while she is here if you guys have any spare time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary and thanks for the blog invite. We had so much fun at Bentley birthday party yesterday, the girls can't stop talking about it. I hope Bentley got off ok and that she comes back soon.

    ReplyDelete